Ryan & Shannon The Margate Laconia, NH
The first time I met this bride she told me, "I'm not really photogenic." And then I started taking her pictures and I felt like saying, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." (any Princess Bride fans out there?) Anyways, she was so comfortable and she looks completely smitten. Not photogenic, yeah, okay.
There were a lot of special moments during this wedding. Here were a few of my favorites:
1. The ceremony! I tried holding back tears the whole time. The Bride was so excited to be marrying her husband that she cried several times too. As they were being pronounced she began crying tears of joy and I couldn't hold the tears any longer!
2. I loved the venue. It's one of the reasons I loved the ceremony so much too. You'll see from the photos, but it was like a see through green house overlooking Lake Winnipesaukee. GORGEOUS!
3. The handmade invitations. Just take a look at those beauties below! SO BEAUTIFUL!
4. The mother's kiss. I had never seen this done before, but before the bride and groom had their first official kiss as husband and wife they had their mothers come up and give them one last kiss. Yeah, anyone else need the tissues?
5. The best man speech/groom. During the best man speech, the groom's brother said, "He would literally give you the shirt off his back." And I thought, "Oh, that's such a nice thing to say about your brother." Then later, during the reception, it was getting chilly out and the groom asked me how I was doing and I said, "Great! A little cold, but not a big deal." And he LITERALLY began taking his suit coat off to hand to me! HE LITERALLY WAS GIVING ME THE SHIRT OFF HIS BACK! It was so sweet.
I hope you enjoy reliving this day through these photos!
Congrats again, Ryan + Shannon!
Ceremony spot ^ how cool is that?
Hey! I took that photo! ^
And boy....did they party!
Oh, did I mention that the bride rapped at her reception?
Congratulations Mr + Mrs Gillan!
Venue: The Margate on Winnipesaukee